Doraemon Mokubei Kutani Sauce PlateRegular price $38.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 133): Computation results in '-Infinity'%
- Dimension: D12cm(4.7in) x H2cm(0.8in)
- Material: Porcelain - Kutani ware
- Origin: Made in Japan
- Brand: Seikou Kiln
- Dishwasher-safe（Recommend hand washing for long-term use）
- Please do not use harsh detergents
- There may be some breaks in the lines or unevenness in the color due to the handmade nature of the product
Highly versatile small plate for meal and teatime. It might be good to use as lovely saucer as well.
The detailed patterns that are created here make each single porcelain completely unique. You will be able to amaze and treat your friends and guests with your plate.
Doraemon x JAPAN Kutani
Almost half a century past from his birth, Doraemon still brings many dreams to children around the world. Kutani Ware is one of the most representative traditional crafts in Japan with a 360-year history.
A new world has been created by Doraemon, who has entered into the style of Kutani Ware's history of painting style.
The detailed patterns that are created here make each and every single porcelain completely unique. You will be able to amaze and treat your friends and guests with your plate.
Approximately 80 years after the decline of the Ko-Kutani, the Kasugayama kiln was founded in Kanazawa(Kaga Han). Aoki Mokubei introduced the Mokubei style. The figures, generally drawn in the five Kutani colors, are suspended on a red base layer. This overlaze is Chinese style.
In early Taisho era, (about 100 years ago) Seikou Kiln opened its kiln in Nomi city of Ishikawa prefecture.
Seikou Kiln researched Japanese overglaze paint for Kutani for years. Finally, they realized the product with high quality like hand paint by printing paper. Transparency of glassy glaze and thick overglaze paint are as same quality as hand paint work.
- Expression which inherits Ko Kutani by using Japanese overglaze paint.
- Consistent with improving quality of Kutani ware as a craft.
- Offer unique elegance of Kutani ware in reasonable price which is acceptable for market.
These 3 are principles of Seikou Kiln. With their as high quality as hand paint, Seikou tells attractiveness of Kutani ware to modern life. They won many awards such as at “Charming Japanese Souvenir Contest” by Japan Tourism Agency or at “Gourmet & Dining Style Show.