Shirochibu Wave Kutani Ware Sake CupRegular price $115.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
- Dimension: D5.5cm(2.2in) x H5cm(2in)
- Material: Porcelain - Kutani ware
- Origin: Made in Japan
- Brand: Ms. Manami Ueno
- Do not use in a microwave oven as it contains gold
- Dishwasher-safe (Recommend hand washing for long-term use)
- Do not use harsh detergents
- Special wooden box included
Premium handmade sake cup. Your favorite Sake cup makes your home bar little more special. We truly believe good sake equipment makes sake tastier.
This style was developed in the Taisho era(1912-1926). Small dots in blue or white are applied to the colored background to create a special texture. A great deal of skill is required to make the dots the same size, evenly spaced, and the same color.
Ms. Manami Ueno
Manami Ueno is a female artist who works under Masahiro Uchida, a master craftsman of the Aochibu/Shirochibu style.
With regard to Aochibu/Shirochibu style, each dot is painstakingly hammered in by hand which require the patience and precision for craftsman. It is also characterized by an elegant finish with clematis flowers painted by gold.