Hokusai Fuji Kutani Ware - Small Plate9.5cm(3.7inch)Regular price $12.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
- Dimension: D9.5cm(3.7in) x H1.8cm(0.7in)
- Material: Porcelain - Kutani ware
- Origin: Made in Japan
- Brand: Seikou Porcelain
- Dishwasher-safe（Recommend hand washing for long-term use）
- Please do not use harsh detergents
The small plate features Red Fuji, capturing the moment of the rising sun turning Mount Fuji red in a clear early morning.
One of the masterpieces of the genius artist Hokusai Katsushika is beautifully depicted in a palm-sized small plate.
The plate of traditional ukiyo-e combined with Kutani ware is timeless and loved by people for generations.
You can enjoy the plate as decoration, or use as a side plate or a sauce tray.
In early Taisho era, (about 100 years ago) Seikou porcelain opened its kiln in Nomi city of Ishikawa prefecture.
Seikou porcelain researched Japanese overglaze paint for Kutani for years. Finally, they realized the product with high quality like hand paint by printing paper. Transparency of glassy glaze and thick overglaze paint are as same quality as hand paint work.
- Expression which inherits Ko Kutani by using Japanese overglaze paint.
- Consistent with improving quality of Kutani ware as a craft.
- Offer unique elegance of Kutani ware in reasonable price which is acceptable for market.
These 3 are principles of Seikou porcelain. With their as high quality as hand paint, Seikou tells attractiveness of Kutani ware to modern life. They won many awards such as at “Charming Japanese Souvenir Contest” by Japan Tourism Agency or at “Gourmet & Dining Style Show.