Chidori Kutani Sauce PlateRegular price $12.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
- Dimension: D9.5cm(3.7in) x H1.8cm(0.7in)
- Material: Porcelain - Kutani ware
- Origin: Made in Japan
- Brand: Seikou Porcelain
- Dishwasher-safe（Recommend hand washing for long-term use）
- Please do not use harsh detergents
The plate features yellow birds flying over a stormy sea depicted as nami-chidori motifs.
The nami-chidori represents overcoming the stormy sea of the world together with others. Accordingly, it is known to be a symbol of good fortune for happy marriage, family safety, and successful life.
"Overcome life's difficulties of stormy seas and pursue your dream life." Such a spirit of artisans is depicted as the motifs of nami-chidori, plovers flying over the ocean waves.
This is a great gift to yourself, or for your significant other or visionary friends.
Chidori is a migratory bird in Japan. They are usually depicted flying over waves. Since they have to brave high waves and strong winds, they are a symbol of strength and perseverance.
In early Taisho era, (about 100 years ago) Seikou porcelain opened its kiln in Nomi city of Ishikawa prefecture.
Seikou porcelain researched Japanese overglaze paint for Kutani for years. Finally, they realized the product with high quality like hand paint by printing paper. Transparency of glassy glaze and thick overglaze paint are as same quality as hand paint work.
- Expression which inherits Ko Kutani by using Japanese overglaze paint.
- Consistent with improving quality of Kutani ware as a craft.
- Offer unique elegance of Kutani ware in reasonable price which is acceptable for market.
These 3 are principles of Seikou porcelain. With their as high quality as hand paint, Seikou tells attractiveness of Kutani ware to modern life. They won many awards such as at “Charming Japanese Souvenir Contest” by Japan Tourism Agency or at “Gourmet & Dining Style Show.