Auspicious Omens Kutani Sake CupRegular price $15.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
- Dimension: D5.5cm(2.2in) x H5.3cm(2in)
- Material: Porcelain - Kutani ware
- Origin: Made in Japan
- Brand: Ino Seihou Porcelain
- Dishwasher-safe（Recommend hand washing for long-term use）
- Please do not use harsh detergents
Premium handmade sake cup. Your favorite Sake cup makes your home bar little more special. We truly believe good sake equipment makes sake tastier.
Approximately 80 years after the decline of the Ko-Kutani, the Kasugayama kiln was founded in Kanazawa(Kaga Han). Aoki Mokubei introduced the Mokubei style. The figures, generally drawn in the five Kutani colors, are suspended on a red base layer. This overlaze is Chinese style.
In early Taisho era, (about 100 years ago) Seikou porcelain opened its kiln in Nomi city of Ishikawa prefecture.
Seikou porcelain researched Japanese overglaze paint for Kutani for years. Finally, they realized the product with high quality like hand paint by printing paper. Transparency of glassy glaze and thick overglaze paint are as same quality as hand paint work.
- Expression which inherits Ko Kutani by using Japanese overglaze paint.
- Consistent with improving quality of Kutani ware as a craft.
- Offer unique elegance of Kutani ware in reasonable price which is acceptable for market.
These 3 are principles of Seikou porcelain. With their as high quality as hand paint, Seikou tells attractiveness of Kutani ware to modern life. They won many awards such as at “Charming Japanese Souvenir Contest” by Japan Tourism Agency or at “Gourmet & Dining Style Show.