Akae/Iidaya Kutani Ware Sake CupRegular price $18.00 Save Liquid error (product-template line 131): -Infinity%
- Dimension: D7.2cm(2.8in) x H5.2cm(2in)
- Material: Porcelain - Kutani ware
- Origin: Made in Japan
- Brand: Seikou Porcelain
- Dishwasher-safe（Recommend hand washing for long-term use）
- Please do not use harsh detergents
Highly versatile cups for your favorite drinks including Sake.
Originally designed for eating soba buckwheat noodles as a sauce dish but it is a multiple use cup as tableware or accessory case. It might be good to put yogurt or soup as well.
Detailed figures drawn in red, fine patterns for the rim and some added golden ornaments are characteristic of this style. The detailed drawings in the Iidaya/Akae style are truly remarkable.
In early Taisho era, (about 100 years ago) Seikou porcelain opened its kiln in Nomi city of Ishikawa prefecture.
Seikou porcelain researched Japanese overglaze paint for Kutani for years. Finally, they realized the product with high quality like hand paint by printing paper. Transparency of glassy glaze and thick overglaze paint are as same quality as hand paint work.
- Expression which inherits Ko Kutani by using Japanese overglaze paint.
- Consistent with improving quality of Kutani ware as a craft.
- Offer unique elegance of Kutani ware in reasonable price which is acceptable for market.
These 3 are principles of Seikou porcelain. With their as high quality as hand paint, Seikou tells attractiveness of Kutani ware to modern life. They won many awards such as at “Charming Japanese Souvenir Contest” by Japan Tourism Agency or at “Gourmet & Dining Style Show.